Thursday, August 28, 2014

Ready to Make the Move -- I think

     Moving is never easy. But sometimes it is necessary. Or, at least, it seems the wiser choice over staying put, though it would be easier not to have to move.
     Moving from one house to another is time consuming. It takes time to pack on the front end, and time to unpack and resettle stuff on the destination end. I spent a good bit of time just today unpacking more boxes, ones that have been sitting idle for almost two years. I told myself if the stuff in these boxes hadn’t been needed for two years, it has to go. Oh, I am going to have a yard sale next month. But the stuff I unpacked today, well, how can I get rid of things my son made in high school, or stones collected from the Cheat River in West Virginia the time Randy and I took the scenic train ride through the mountains, or stones and shells collected from the beach on the Atlantic Ocean the wonderful, restful week we stayed at a friend’s home on the Intracoastal waterway in North Carolina, or a memento of friendship from, well, a friend? Tell me. How?
     Randy has no such problem. He’s not a sentimental as I am.
     So I swear (in nice words) that the next time we move I will have the kids and grandkids over to pick out things they want and the rest goes into another yard sale! I promise!
     I’m slowly getting settled into our new house, making it home. But there is another move I am about to make and I’ve been waiting to get things settled here with the house move before I launch fully into this other move, which I am now ready to make (I think). It will be a change of address but not a street address. This move I am about to make is from my old blog site to my new blog site. New and hopefully improved blog site.
     I am hoping the blog move will go as smoothly as our house move went. Without the breakage though. Sadly, we did lose some things in this last move. I don’t want to lose anything in my blog move, especially you, my readers! It should be easy to transfer over to the new blog site and become a follower there.
     At my new blog “home” I will begin blogging my book. I will talk more about that on my new blog.

     For now, have a safe and enjoyable Labor Day weekend. 

No comments: