Saturday, May 3, 2014

Keeping Calm

I am so glad Jesus is along with me on this journey to write and publish a book (remember His “yoke” that He promised was easy? See April 24 posting). Just a little while ago I was ready to … never mind, I got control of myself. Peeked sideways at Jesus, if you will.  He is still calm. He’s the original author of “Keep calm and Carry on.” I really like that statement because that is exactly what I have to tell myself sometimes … a lot of times.

My current frustrations have to do with setting up my website. I’m committed to it now, no turning back. You may ask what a website has to do with writing a book. Yeah, I asked that once too. Back in my days of innocence. About writing and publishing. Nowadays an author must be marketer and promoter as well as writer. So I have many hats to wear and some don’t fit so well, especially the one labeled “Techie”. But like breaking in a new pair of shoes, I’m truckin’ on. One step at a time. (Sorry about switching metaphors in mid-stream ….)

I will begin posting a new blog from my new website when it is “presentable”, ie: functional as well as pleasant to look at. I need to get the word out about the book I am writing and build up my readership. It’s called “Platform”, y’all.

Even though I get frustrated and blow a little steam, mostly Randy’s way since he shows up around here more than anyone else (and has been very helpful but he does have a fulltime job and it isn’t website building), I am fairly calm and have this sense of plodding toward my goal.

One step at a time.


Baby steps but steps nonetheless.

No comments: