Thursday, April 24, 2014

Yoke Grace

The difference between little “b” burdens and a capital “B” Burden is that the former are worries and cares we pick up either deliberately or inadvertently, and the latter is given by the Lord. That kind He doesn’t intend for us to get rid of. It is a Burden God intends us to bear. But the question again is: How?

We all know that to share a burden is to lighten its load.  That is exactly the “How” of bearing the Burden of the Lord. When God gives a vision, a call, a Burden to something specific, He doesn’t intend for us to get rid of it, but neither does He intend for us to bear it alone.

“Two are better than one ….” We all know co-workers are of inestimable value. But that is not what I have in mind when I speak of not bearing God’s Burden alone.

You are probably running ahead of me here because you know where I am going.

Remember I said we need to keep our eyes on the goal ahead of us? The goal which belongs to the Burden God has laid on us? And I said that to do that we must keep our eyes on Jesus. We must keep our eyes on Him because it is He who shares the load of the Burden, the call, the vision.

Our relationship with Jesus Christ is the first Call of God on our lives. We must maintain that relationship at all costs … or we will never reach that goal, plain and simple. We will fail miserably.

When we maintain that relationship with Jesus as His disciple we are doing just what He said we should do, “Come to Me … take My yoke upon you and learn from Me … for my yoke is easy and My burden is light” (Matthew 11: 28-30). He shares the burden He puts on us. He leads the way, we follow. He makes the burden lighter by His presence.

So I submit to His lead, in the grip of the yoke.

Making progress by “yoke grace.”


So, where am I headed?

No comments: