Sunday, April 27, 2014

To Plane or Deplane, that is the question. The Answer: Yes.


Getting places by airplane is an amazing way to travel. When I think about all that tonnage levitating and climbing into the atmosphere (the “up” of our earth), I feel awe-filled. Think of it. Where would we be without Bernoulli?

Other times, thanks to different individuals, I feel awful. Like today. I get to, for the first time in my flying career, stay overnight in an airport—and a plane (Randy’s “been there, done that”). Yippie. Not.

My son talked about having to stay overnight in Charlotte, NC, airport (and others) and I felt so bad for him. Now we are just trying to get to Charlotte airport! We will, at 6 AM tomorrow.

I have to say, the invention and proliferation of cell phones has made these kinds of airline incidents more bearable. The man in the seat next to me got another flight right away while he had his ear glued to his cell phone for a half hour immediately upon learning we were on the plane to nowhere. Randy’s cell was in the same geographical location on his head within seconds too. A very helpful lady on the other end got us our next flights as we collected our carry-ons (thankfully we had no checked baggage) and tripped down the narrow aisle to freedom, completely avoiding the line to eternity at the customer service desk.

Cancelling other reservations was all accomplished within minutes thanks to that little appendage (well, for some people it is that, it seems). Cudos to Mr. Bell and his descendants.

Now we get to find a quiet corner of the terminal (insert hysterical laughter) and try to get some rest. I didn’t say sleep, you notice. Rest would be good.

Make the most of whatever comes your way.


Updates to follow.

No comments: